Saturday, June 4, 2011

High School Lucky Duck, guilty pleasures

Describe your high school self. What extracurricular activities, if any, did you participate in during high school?
I was very silly in High school. If I was out late past sundown, I would often be found laughing hysterically at nothing. I was an expert in everything, people came to me with advice for everything. . . even though I was quite inexperienced!! I was a Girl Scout and sold cookies to all my friends and teachers. I know my friends thought it was strange that I was a Scout, but I know they were jealous of all the cool things I did! My best friend at the time wouldn't tell anyone she was GS at first, but when she saw that nobody cared she confessed.

I was a softball player (varsity for 4 years) and tennis (JV for 2, Varsity for 2). I was also a cheerleader (hides head in shame) for almost 2 years.

I was NEVER picked on, but I was also never remembered. That never really bothered me, it kept me out of trouble. I never went to a party that had drugs or alcohol, even though many of my friends did. I think they figured I would say no, so they didn't bother to ask. While they were correct, I sometimes wished they would have asked!

My favorite time in high school was when I joined the Stage Crew for our musicals and dance recitals. I learned to work the lights and got pretty good at it! The boys that I became friends with where a lot of fun. It was different than anything I had ever done before and the people I met were very different than anyone I had ever known.

My first boyfriend was a Freshman, I was a Sophomore. We were very cute and very innocent. My second boyfriend was the COMPLETE opposite. I dated both for over 2 years.

I was involved in lots of different activities. I loved not being at home, even though I liked my family. It felt 'grown up' to be out all afternoon, running on no sleep and getting stressed out over projects and events. My parents were very supportive and chauffeured me all over town.

I was one of 3 white seniors in my class (of 500 seniors), and one of 9 in the whole school (of 2000 students). Because of that I was 'popular' in that every one knew who the white girl was! I think I had a lot of privileges though, because of it, and that pissed me off on many occasions. I pretty much did what ever I wanted and never served a single detention (although I was granted 2 or 3 of them.)


I've only been back to visit once.

What are your guilty pleasures?
 Coke (soda), TV shows from my youth, and chocolate ice cream late at night.

No comments: